- Paralyzed by Fear: Running From God (6/21/2016) - Every good and perfect gift comes from above. I knew that and in other seasons I knew that it was my job to be a good steward of the gifts I had been given. Satan is a liar and the father of it, there is no truth in him. Even though I know these things to be true, I still allow the whispers of deceit to cause me to question what I know to be true.
Somehow I believed that since God wanted me to write it, that it was going to be easy. When it became clear that was not true and the fear began to strangle me, I decided it was easier not to write.
- The Life Benefits of Renewing Your Mind on the Bible (6/22/2016) - The Bible tells us about the necessity of renewing the mind. We can find ourselves transformed. It is by renewing our minds that we cast off the things of the world and we learn the perfect will of God. As we renew our mind, we develop a new attitude about life. Renewing your mind will make a huge impact in your life. It will be one of the most rewarding things you can do.
- The Truth People Misunderstand Obedience to God is Costly (7/19/2016) - As you follow God you will find yourself misunderstood. I have struggled with how this always happens. And often how it is those in the church that can't understand. When God gives you a word and no one else gets to hear it life gets interesting. This is when it becomes incredibly hard to walk out what God speaks to your heart.
- Seeking God Intentionally Will Make Changes in the World (7/26/2016) - There is so much hurt going on in this world. Our hearts grieve as we listen to friends share their struggles. We can't avoid the hurting people all around us. Something needs to change. But who knows where to begin.
- Unlock Truth Never Neglecting Your God Given Authority (8/4/2016) - Did you realize that you are aligning with satan and giving him access and authority over your life? You are each time that you agree with the enemy that the old self is alive and well. Think about it if you have someone dead in front of you and you speak to them they are incapable of responding. So why are we continually trying to resurrect our old selves who we didn't like? I can't imagine anything worse than getting to heaven and seeing all the plans God had for my life. And For God to say "look what I had for you to do" and realizing that I failed to stand in the power and authority that I had. Therefore not living out the plans that God has for me.
- Jesus Gift: The Chance to Rest in the Abundant Life (8/11/2016) - I'm seeing that often we are striving in our attempts to die to self. So God being gracious sent Jesus that we all have the chance to be saved and spend eternity with Him. He came to die for all so that through His death we might find wholeness and abundant life. Then somehow we act like that is the end and that we now must work to be seen as righteous, holy, loved, and healed.
- Be Thankful for The God Gift That Is You (8/18/2016) - So instead of beating ourselves up about how God created us, what if we learned to be thankful instead. Knowing that we were created and planned in love and that God has celebrated with us along every step of our lives. Could we learn to hate our shortcomings less and learn to love ourselves as God loves us?
- Freedom Found Resting on What Jesus Accomplished At the Cross (8/23/2016) - We forget God began the work in us and therefore it is up to him to finish it.
When we forget it is God's job to finish we try to take on a responsibility that is not ours. We begin to strive to be something, to do something, and we stress ourselves out. The truth is God began a good work in you and that means He is responsible for finishing the work. Which means we get to rest and enjoy the journey.
- The Amazing Truth About Your Confessions (9/6/2016) - Life is the best teacher and once I experience something to be true I try not to forget the lesson. There are many scriptures that talk about the tongue and its power. Today I want to share the fact that you will have what you say. In Romans 4:17b says God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did. This is a spiritual law, and most Christians know it well. We know that we have to speak the results we desire.
- Following God is Costly (9/22/2016) - Every now and then God will do something to get your attention in a new way. I’ve been in this season lately. The message that comes in loud and clear is the fact that Following Jesus is hard, and we must be willing to die to self. Since I didn’t have the time to write … Continue reading Following God is Costly