It is essential that we discover that our identities are based in Christ alone. Anything less is simply not true. Our identities do not come from our relationships, our jobs, or anything that we do. We are who Christ said we are and we need to renew our minds on the Word of God.
- The Life Benefits of Renewing Your Mind on the Bible (6/22/2016) - The Bible tells us about the necessity of renewing the mind. We can find ourselves transformed. It is by renewing our minds that we cast off the things of the world and we learn the perfect will of God. As we renew our mind, we develop a new attitude about life. Renewing your mind will make a huge impact in your life. It will be one of the most rewarding things you can do.
- Unlock Truth Never Neglecting Your God Given Authority (8/4/2016) - Did you realize that you are aligning with satan and giving him access and authority over your life? You are each time that you agree with the enemy that the old self is alive and well. Think about it if you have someone dead in front of you and you speak to them they are incapable of responding. So why are we continually trying to resurrect our old selves who we didn't like? I can't imagine anything worse than getting to heaven and seeing all the plans God had for my life. And For God to say "look what I had for you to do" and realizing that I failed to stand in the power and authority that I had. Therefore not living out the plans that God has for me.
- Be Thankful for The God Gift That Is You (8/18/2016) - So instead of beating ourselves up about how God created us, what if we learned to be thankful instead. Knowing that we were created and planned in love and that God has celebrated with us along every step of our lives. Could we learn to hate our shortcomings less and learn to love ourselves as God loves us?
- Freedom Found Resting on What Jesus Accomplished At the Cross (8/23/2016) - We forget God began the work in us and therefore it is up to him to finish it.
When we forget it is God's job to finish we try to take on a responsibility that is not ours. We begin to strive to be something, to do something, and we stress ourselves out. The truth is God began a good work in you and that means He is responsible for finishing the work. Which means we get to rest and enjoy the journey.
- 3 Ways: Live Loved When You Have Never Seen Love (9/13/2016) - I'm wondering, do you struggle to live loved? Do you struggle to remember that you are loved without measure by love itself? The problem now lies in living as the beloved of God and not looking for scraps of affection from broken people. This is hard. It's harder yet to learn to love broken people without conditions because God loves me. When every single day brings strife, hurt feelings, and arrows aimed at my heart.
- Already Amazing (9/20/2016) - As you have seen I typically do not share book reviews on the blog. Recently I have had the gift of being on several launch teams. One book that I just must share is Holley Gerth’s devotional “Do You Know You’re Already Amazing?” The book looks at 30 lies we believe, and then gives you […]
- The Power of a Genuine Greeting and Adoption (10/20/2016) - In my recent bible study, Entrusted by Beth Moore on 2 Timothy, I've fallen in love with the apostle Paul. I love that most of his encouragement was done through writing letters. He offered encouragement while living in the worst of conditions locked away in prison. Set apart, but not forgotten and never unfruitful. Even then he was a good steward. His heart burdened with the responsibility of sharing the good news. He needed to make sure that others knew how to live as we are called.
- Are You Living Up To Your Name? (4/3/2017) - Still, as a believer in Christ, we have a name to live up to. We are called Christians which simply means being a follower of Jesus Christ. We are to be imitators of Christ. The question is do we live up to our name. If someone saw you in public on your worst day at your worst moment could they tell that you really belonged to the family of Christ?
- Struggling with Emotions (5/2/2017) - I hate my emotions. I shouldn't because they are God-given. But I do. I tend to be overly sensitive. I feel differently and about different things than most people. So I try to control them. Stuff them down. Cover them up. Refuse to reveal them. Often I would prefer being numb to feeling pain or what I deem as negative emotions of any kind.
I know that emotions are God-given and He speaks through them. They are meant to be a beautiful part of being human. They are important to God and He catches every tear.
- Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God’s Love to Revitalize Your Soul (5/23/2017) - If you deeply desire to feel the touch of God's voice fall fresh on your soul...
If you ache for the tenderness of an intimate conversation with the One who calls you His...
If you'd like to be embraced by the stillness of God's presence-to return to your First Love and let Him captivate your heart the way a sunrise leans into a new day...
If you'd like to experience God in simple ways again...
This forty day journey of the soul is for you.